Friday, January 7, 2011

New Years, etc.

Happy New Years, Internet people!  I hope that 2011 has started off well for everyone, and I wish you a fabulous year. 

2011 has started off a little slowly for me.  It caught me by surprise, the year starting anew, and I spent no time thinking about resolutions or anything.  So, belatedly, I bring you my thoughts on the turning of the wheel, and my hopes for what is to come.

As I've grown older (I know, I'm 21, I'm not old yet) I've already begun to note changes in my metabolism and in the way I digest things.  It's coming time for me to stop eating like a teenager, and start eating a little healthier.  Now, because Boyfriend and I can't afford the fancy healthy foods and all that jazz, I'm not saying that I'll stop with junk food and shitty pizza.  However, I'm at least trying to stop eating after a certain time, and I'm trying to cut down on my soda intake.  I'm already bored with water, but I've noticed how much better I feel on the days that I don't drink soda.  Other than the headaches, of course.

I've also resolved (for probably close to the tenth year running) to write much more often.  November taught me that I can write when I choose to.  Yes, I failed miserably at finishing the novel in November.  And yes, it was total crap.  But it showed me that actually putting the words onto paper isn't an issue.  I mean, I wrote, what, 25,000 words in 20 days or something?  The actual words thing isn't an issue.  So.  Hopefully there will be a significant increase in the number of blog updates I do in the coming months.  And hopefully a novel will appear over the horizon at some point.  One that isn't, ya know, total crap.

Beyond that, I don't really know what to resolve.  I'm pretty happy with most of the other aspects of my life.  Though,  a better job wouldn't be totally unwelcome.  But I'm not going to complain about mine too much, since I'm still getting a paycheck.

Anyway, I guess that's about all for now.  Look for more soon, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. I hate being fat and still not being able to afford healthy food. :( I didn't think about resolutions, either, until about this morning at work.

    ReplyDelete